In this article we'll discuss how to create door access conditions in the Rhombus console
- What is 'Door Access Conditions'?
- How to set up 'Door Access Conditions'?
- Access Grants
- Helpful Links
What is 'Door Access Conditions'?
When setting up access control with Rhombus you will go through the process of setting up the doors and providing access control credentials via Mobile or Key Card. The next step in that process should be to create grants for users or groups of users to give them access to a specific door or location of doors.
Now with 'Door Access Conditions' there is two sections 'Access Grants' and 'Access Revocations'
- Access Grants ties to the ability to create schedules for doors or locations and then add them to a specific group of users or individual users
- Access Revocations
How to set up 'Door Access Conditions'?
To set up 'Door Access Conditions' follow the path below to find where this setting is located:
Rhombus Web console > Settings > Door Access Conditions
We will go over how to set up both 'Access Grants' and 'Access Revocations' in this section.
First we will go over Access Grants and the flow for setting them up.
1. Click on the 'Add Grant' button to start the set flow. Below is the first screen that pops up. This screen provides an explanation of what grants are and the ability to fill in a name. After filling in a name click 'Next'.
2. The next slide below is the option to search and select a location. You can only select a single location. After selecting a location click 'Next'.
3. The next step is to select either individual uses, a group or both. After you are satisfied with your selection go ahead and click 'Next'.
4. The next step is to select the access control doors you would the users or groups to have access too. After making your selection go ahead and click next.
5. The next step is to choose or create a door schedule for when you want people to have access. There is three options for schedules 'Existing Schedule', 'New Weekly Recurring Schedule', and 'New Absolute Schedule'.
- Existing Schedule
- New Weekly Recurring Schedule
- New Absolute Schedule
6. The final slide is a culmination of all the steps and gives you the ability to double check you work. After clicking the 'Add Grant' button you will be finished with the grant.
- How to Manage Users
- Creating a group of Users for Access Control
- Registering a Key Card with Rhombus
Have more questions? Contact Rhombus Support at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in learning more? Contact Rhombus Sales at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 1 or email@example.com.