Topics included in this article:
- What is a Video Wall
- Setup a Video Wall
- Sharing Video Walls
- Video Wall Camera Limit
- Helpful Links
- Contact Support or Sales
What is a Video Wall
A video wall is a collection of individual camera feeds combined in a single display. They are useful if you want to watch multiple cameras at one time.
Setup a Video Wall
1. Select Video Walls from the navigation bar on the left, then Add Video Wall.
Note: You will be prompted to name the wall.
2. Once created, you will enter edit mode:
3. Add cameras:
Note: You can only add a camera once per video wall.
4. Position the cameras:
The top bar contains multiple settings for this video wall. A description of what each button does is provided below:
Note: This may result in choppy playback for computers lacking sufficient processing power.
Note: You must have more cameras then layout selection to be able to use this.
Note: If another user tries to access this wall, but does not have access to all cameras (see role-based access for more info), they will only be able to view the cameras they have access to. If they do not have permission to any of the cameras, the entire video wall will not be displayed.
Note: All organizations contain an "All cameras" video wall which cannot be edited. Like the above, they will only see cameras they have access to.
Sharing a Video Wall
- Select Video Walls from the navigation bar on the left, then click on the name of the video wall you want to share.
- Once on the main page for the selected video wall, click on the "Share Link" icon across the top bar.
- A window will come up that has a list of past shares that you can select from, or you can click "Add Another" to create a new shared stream with a different settings. You can also click the red trash can to delete a share you no longer need from this window.
- Click "Add Another" and enter in any needed settings for the new video wall shared stream. You can password protect the share, allow or not allow past footage by toggling the button, and set an expiration date. Click "Save".
Video Wall Camera Limit
The maximum cameras viewable at one time is 16. If you begin to experience any issues with a larger video wall, we recommend first trying the following:
- Reduce the number of cameras in the layout
- Enable Performance Mode
- Disable Realtime Streaming
- Switch from HD to SD
If the issue persists, please contact support.
Video Walls can be used with the Apple TV app. Please review the article on Apple TV to navigate through the set-up.
Have more questions? Contact Rhombus Support at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in learning more? Contact Rhombus Sales at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 1 or email@example.com.