In this article, we will cover some available troubleshooting methods for Night Vision:
What is Night Vision
Night vision is when a camera uses infrared light to enable you to see an image at night and in low light conditions. During night mode, the camera image will be in black and white. Night vision can be configured in the console by navigating to the settings of an individual camera. To learn more about cameras IR distance go the Optics and Object Distances for Analytics.
- Night Mode on during normal lighting conditions
- Environmental effects
- Smudging on the dome
- Condensation inside the dome
Image stuck in black and white, or has purple/pink hue:
- Remote reboot the camera from the device's page.
- Manually power cycle the camera by unplugging it.
- Check to see if the firmware is up to date.
- Select "Camera Settings" and toggle "IR Filter" to "OFF". Wait a few moments for the change to save, then toggle back to "AUTO"
- If the issue is still not resolved, please contact Rhombus Support.
Image quality degraded when in night mode:
- IR light reflecting back into the camera may be occurring
- Make sure the camera isn't mounted too close to a surface that can reflect IR light or another light source
Image is blurry when in night mode:
IR light can reflect off of obstructions on or inside the dome, causing bright spots in the image at night.
- Check to make sure there isn't condensation in the camera dome
- Ensure there are no fingerprints or other smudges/dust collected on the dome
- Carefully clean the dome with a soft cloth or a non-abrasive alcohol wipe. Normal wear and tear, like scratches, is not covered under warranty.
- Please see our full warranty for what is covered.
Is the image solid black?
- Remotely reboot the device
- Ensure there is nothing obstructing the light sensor
- Ensure the light sensor is aligned properly and not blocked by the dome, specifically with the R360. See the following article for dome alignment:
- Camera and Image Settings
- Remotely Reboot a Camera
- Turn On or Off Night Vision
- Preventing Condensation in the Dome
- Rhombus Warranty
- Mounting a New Rhombus Camera
Contact Support or Sales
Have more questions? Contact Rhombus Support at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in learning more? Contact Rhombus Sales at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 1 or email@example.com.