Topics included in this article:
- What is an Activity Region?
- How to Configure and Delete an Activity Region
- Helpful Links
- Contact Support or Sales
What is an Activity Region?
There are often cases where there is some type of constant activity in the view of the camera that you want to ignore for any type of alert. The feature that allows you to do this is called Activity Region.
How to Configure and Delete an Activity Region
Steps to Configure an Activity Region
1. To configure your activity region, simply navigate to the camera you want to adjust and select "Adjust activity region".
2. Once you click on this link, a modal will come up where you can select which region you want to be alerted about. You will be able to select whether to trigger alerts for the defined regions or undefined regions.
- If “Only trigger in defined regions” is selected, any object that overlaps the region at all is still considered and alerted on.
- If “Don’t trigger alerts in defined regions” is selected, any object that is entirely contained in the region is not alerted on. So, if the object overlaps at all with the area not selected then we will still alert on it.
3. To start selecting the region, simply click the image and start drawing a polygon by going from one dot to the next. To place another point, click on the spot where you want the point and another one will be anchored there. Do that until you have come back around to the original point.
Steps to Delete an Activity Region
1. Navigate to the camera you want to adjust and select "Adjust activity region".
2. Select any vertex of the existing polygon and then select the 'clicking here' hyperlink at the bottom of the screen.
That's all there is to it!
Note: This feature is also often known as region selection.
Contact Support or Sales
Have more questions? Contact Rhombus Support at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in learning more? Contact Rhombus Sales at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 1 or email@example.com.