Topics included in this article:
- Personal Alert Notifications
- Setting up User Alert Notifications (for Super Admins)
- Notification Defaults
- Helpful Links
- Contact Support or Sales
Note: User-based Alert Notifications are highly dependent on Alert Policies. If you still need to configure an Alert Policy, we highly encourage you review this article first.
Personal Alert Notifications
The Rhombus console allows you to customize what type of alerts are sent to you and when those alerts can be sent.
1. To begin managing your own Alert Notifications, login to the Rhombus console and click your initials in the upper-right corner and select "Alert Notifications."
2. Next, click "Add another time frame" near the center of your screen.
3. The following menu will allow you to set parameters for when your user will be available to receive alerts.
4. The first two columns, labeled "Hours" and "Days" work in tandem. Selecting "All Day" will allow alerts to be sent to you at any time during the selected days. If there are specific time windows that you would like to receive alerts, choose "Custom Time" and edit the times using the drop down menus.
5. The next column, labeled "Locations / Devices," allows you to customize precisely which devices you would like to receive alerts from. By default, all devices and locations will be selected. De-selecting this option will enable you to specify which locations and which devices within those locations can alert you. Checking the box next to the location name will select all the devices within that location. Opening the drop-down menu for a location will present a list with each device at that location which can be selected individually.
6. The column labeled "Get Alert Notifications For" allows you to select what type of alerts are being sent to you. Each device has specific alert types that you can be notified of. As an example, you can be notified if a camera disconnects, if a sensor is low battery, if an environmental sensor detects vape, etc. Each device has several alert types and it's worth customizing these to ensure you only receive alerts that are relevant to you.
7. In the last column titled "Send Notifications Via," you are required to select how you'd like to receive your notifications: by Email, Text Message, or as Push Notification through the Mobile App.
8. "Adding Another Row" allows you to select another grouping of devices with a new notification type that will be on the same notification schedule.
Example: For Location A you want to receive camera only alerts but for Location B you want to add in sensor alerts.
9. "Add Another Time Frame" allows you to create another notification schedule altogether.
Example: For Location A you have a Monday-Friday notification schedule and for Location B you have a Saturday and Sunday schedule.
10. Once you've finished customizing when and how you'd like to receive alert notifications, click "Save" in the upper-right corner (circled in red in the image below).
Setting up User Alert Notifications (for Super Admins)
As a Rhombus Administrator, you can customize when employees are available to receive notifications.
1. Navigate to Settings -> Manage Notifications (circled in red in the image below).
2. Once there, select the user whose notifications you'd like to manage or click "Add User" in the upper-right corner to create a new user and manage their notifications.
3. You'll be presented with a screen similar to the Alert Notifications page in your User settings. Follow steps 3-10 outlined in "Personal Alert Notifications" to complete creating Notification Defaults.
As a Rhombus Administrator, you have the ability to batch-assign default notifications to multiple users. Those users will not need to set up their notifications as you can customize when and how they'll receive notifications. This is useful for admins that want to set up a default notification schedule for new users. Rhombus Administrators can also choose to grant users access to modify their own alert notifications later.
1. To set up Notification Defaults, navigate to Settings -> Manage Notifications and make sure "Notification Defaults" is highlighted in the upper-left corner (circled in red in the image below).
2. Select "Add a default notification setting for new users." Once clicked, you will be presented with a notification template similar to the Alert Notification page in User Settings. Follow steps 3-10 outlined in "Personal Alert Notifications" to complete creating Notification Defaults.
- What Do the Different Alert Types Mean?
- Creating and Assigning Camera Alert Policies
- Creating and Assigning Alert Policies for Sensors
Contact Support or Sales
Have more questions? Contact Rhombus Support at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 2 or email@example.com.
Interested in learning more? Contact Rhombus Sales at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.