In this article, we will go over how to use the Rhombus Systems Apple TV application. If you still need to set up the application within your Rhombus console, please be sure to do so here first.
Apple TV Specifications and Notes
- We recommend everyone get the Apple TV 4K (3rd Generation)
- We also recommend getting the Apple TV with the ethernet port for LAN connection
- Older versions of Apple TV can be used but will be restricted to 20 maximum cameras displayed at single time
- Apple TV 4K 2nd Generation can display 30 cameras max at a single time (20 on older Apple TV hardware) in 640 x 480 - Example: If you have 60 cameras in the video wall you will only be able to see 30 cameras at a single time.
- Low resolution stream support (640x360) over LAN and WAN.
- Checks firmware for `2021_0825` or greater for low-resolution LAN and `2021_0827` or greater for WAN connections. Cameras on older firmware will fall back to standard 1920x1080 resolution.
Video Wall Setup
The Home Screen is what you land on when entering the app. This is where you can select which video wall you want to view. The buttons on the lower part of the screen are defined below:
- Refresh: Refreshes the video wall list.
- Logout: Log out of the Apple TV application. You will need to re-add this TV to the console after doing this.
- LAN & WAN or LAN only: Choose to allow only LAN connections or both LAN and WAN connections. Helpful if viewing on-premises and wanting to reduce bandwidth consumption by the Apple TV.
On this screen, where you can view the video wall you created. Cameras will rotate out if rotation is selected.
Verifying App Version
To make sure you are on the most up-to-date version of the app, you can go to the Apple TV app store, search for Rhombus Systems, and if you see a cloud with a down arrow (download button) button, you will know you are not on the most up to date version. You can view the app version in the lower right-hand corner of the home screen.
Have more questions? Contact Rhombus Support at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in learning more? Contact Rhombus Sales at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 1 or email@example.com.