Topics in this article:
- Assigning A Static IP Address
- Assign Back to DHCP
- Helpful Links
- Contact Support or Sales
In general, the cameras are pre-configured to obtain their local network configuration (IP, subnet, gateway, etc.) via DHCP. We recommend configuring a dedicated DHCP pool that is assigned to the dedicated VLAN the cameras are attached to.
Please Note: R1, R100, R120, R170, R200, R230, R360, R400, R500 and R510 cameras cannot be assigned a static IP. ONLY the R2 can be assigned a static IP address.
Assigning a Static IP Address
- To assign a static IP to an R2 camera, fill in the fields below on the mobile app during registration.
- Be sure the IP address assigned to the camera is reserved on the network. To ensure these fields are correct, it will help to login to the network user interface and verify that all fields match.
Network Interface Example
As each network interface is different, this information is not always found in the same place. The following is an example based on a standard TP-Link router.
- Before assigning the IP address to the camera, be sure that the network will assign that address specifically to the camera. Once the camera is configured for static IP, it will only listen for traffic on that address.
- If the network assigns a different IP address, the camera will not connect. This can be avoided by creating an IP address reservation, using the camera MAC address. As an example:
- This will ensure that the network assigns the same address to the camera every time.
Please Note: If static IP is configured incorrectly, the only way to correct the configuration, is through the mobile app by going to Devices -> Utilities -> Static IP.
Assign Back to DHCP
- To change a static IP camera back to DHCP, select "Devices" in the mobile app
- Select "Utilities" and navigate to "Static IP"
- Select the camera from the bluetooth scan.
- Once selected, toggle to enable the "Use DHCP" and click "Next".
- The camera may need to reboot before connecting to a dynamic IP address.
- Networking Best Practices
- Ports and Outbound Rule Set-up for the Network
- Device Registration Index
Contact Support or Sales
Have more questions? Contact Rhombus Support at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 2 or email@example.com.
Interested in learning more? Contact Rhombus Sales at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.