Topics in this article include:
- Creating a Locations
- Editing a Location
- Deleting a Location
- Moving a Camera to a Different Location
- Batch Assigning Locations
Many companies have multiple locations with multiple cameras at each location. As an administrator, you have several tools to help you manage each one of those locations.
Note: Using Floorplans details how to use Rhombus's floor plan feature.
Locations can be created at any time via two methods, using the Rhombus App or in the Rhombus Web Console.
Method One - Rhombus App
When you register a camera on the phone app, you are prompted to add the camera to a certain location. At this time, you can either choose from an existing location (if you have any) or create a new location by choosing 'Add Location' at the bottom.
When adding a location, you can name the location and edit the current address which will be based off your current GPS location. If you are adding asset tags, this step is crucial to ensuring the accuracy of the tag's position on the maps.
Method Two - Web Console
- Navigate to the "Locations" Tab.
- Select 'Add Location'.
- A "Create Location" window will appear. Fill in the location "Name" and "Address" and select "Save".
Editing a Location
In the Rhombus Web console, you can refine the placement of a location at any time.
- Click the "Locations" Tab in console.
- Select the location you want to edit.
- Click on the 'Edit Location' button.
- Change the Name and/or Address and click "Save"
Deleting A Location
In the Rhombus Web Console, you can delete a location at any time.
- Click the "Locations Tab".
- Click on the location you wish to delete and choose 'Edit Location'.
- There you will see an option to 'Delete Location' in the bottom left corner of the window.
Moving a Camera to a Different Location
- Select the "Devices" tab, and click on the camera you wish to move to a new location.
- Scroll down to "Camera Details and Settings" and select 'Change address'.
- From the dropdown menu, select the location you wish to update the device to. Click 'Save'.
- *Note - these are all existing locations, so if you need to change it to a new location, please Create Location prior to moving the camera.
Batch Assigning Locations
- Navigate to the devices page
- Select on the cameras you wish to batch assign to a location
- Select "Actions" Dropdown menu
- Click assign to location
5. Select the location and click "Assign"
Have more questions? Contact Rhombus Support at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 2 or email@example.com.
Interested in learning more? Contact Rhombus Sales at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.