The R2 camera view can be aimed manually when the bubble is removed. For this reason, it's most efficient to aim the view during installation. The recommended order of tasks is:
- Determine the camera location, and wire the location.
- Remove the bubble with the three Torx T10 screws.
- Connect and mount the camera. Do not reattach the bubble yet!
- Register the camera and view its live feed.
- Aim the camera view as described below.
- Reattach the bubble.
- R2 aiming is done manually with the bubble removed. The aim cannot be adjusted remotely through the console (i.e., it is not motorized). It's best to aim during installation, before reattaching the bubble.
- The R2 image module rotates on three axes to aim the view: pan, tilt, and roll. If it doesn't seem to move in the direction you want, try rotating all the way around to the other direction.
- Once aimed, rotate the module's "roll" axis to ensure that the image sensor is upright with the light sensor on top and the IR LEDs to the left and right, as shown above.
- Confirm that the aim is as desired by viewing a live feed from the camera.
- Note that R2 cameras also feature 1.25X digital pan/tilt/zoom for fine adjustment, which can be remotely controlled in the console.
- Finally, screw the dome bubble tightly onto the R2.