If you'd like to share a Livestream of a Rhombus camera, please follow these steps:
- Share Livestream via Console
- Share Livestream via App
Share Livestream via Console
Below are examples of the shared streaming options in the console either in a single camera, video wall, or saved clip.
Many customers often want to share a camera feed on their website, with customers, or someone else without giving access to their account. To set up, up a shared video feed, there are two options. One is to click on the scissor box icon on the device video feed.
The next step would be to click on the scissor icon and then click the 'Create Shared Stream' button and follow the options from their seen below.
The other is to navigate to the camera that you want to share, scroll to the bottom and select "Shared Streams" in the camera details.
When you click on this link, you'll be given the option to view streams you've already created or if you have none, you'll be able to create a new one. To create a new one, simply choose the "Create" option.
When you create a new shared video stream, you'll have a couple of options with photo options below:
1. Name the stream - This will give you the ability to name streams to better keep track of them.
2. Choose the type - Choosing the type option allows you to put an option to share the past footage, have the stream share at a specific schedule, or share a video with defined start and end times.
- Live stream with optional past footage - This option will allow you the sharing past footage for all time, a past amount of time, or no past footage at all.
- Live Stream shown at scheduled times (no past footage) - This option will allow a shared stream for a specific time schedule. Meaning the camera footage can only be accessed during that scheduled time.
- Shared video with defined start and end times - This option makes the shared camera stream available only during that specific time frame.
3. Include Audio - This option will allow for shared audio of an A100 assigned with the camera. Learn more here on how to assign an A100 with a camera.
4. Password - This will allow for the use of a defined password for the shared stream. We recommend putting passwords on all shared streams.
5. Expiration - The shared stream can have an expiration date tied to a specific date and time.
6. Once you've selected the appropriate options, your shared video stream will be ready to share with others. If you'd like to revoke access to the stream all you have to do is click the 'delete stream' option.
Video Wall - Share Stream
Below are the steps on how to share a video wall from the console.
1. Go to the video wall you want to share and click on the share option.
2. Then click the option 'Add Another'
3. The next step is to apply a password, and expiration date, and allow past footage.
4. The final step would be to share, embed, open, or send the URL.
Embedding a Livestream
After creating the shared stream you have an option to 'Copy Embed Code' this would you the ability to take the iframe inline code and customize it to any web page. To learn more about iframe here is a link. Below is also an example of the Embed code.
<iframe allow="fullscreen" frameborder="0" height="100%" width="100%" src="https://console.rhombussystems.com/share/live/Ptwo9W-FT2SqAFRCeohVyw"></iframe>
Share Livestream via App
To share a link from the mobile app, navigate to the player screen, click the button in the bottom middle of the screen and select "Shared Streams". This will walk you step by step to create a shared link.
If you have any further questions please reach out to our Rhombus Support at email@example.com. If you would like to talk to a Rhombus Sales Representative please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please sign in to leave a comment.