In this article, we'll show you the step-by-step process for registering a key card through the Rhombus console:
- Step 1: Log in to the Rhombus Console
- Step 2: Navigate to the Settings Section
- Step 3: Select Manage Users
- Step 4: Adding Credentials
- Types of Card Allowed
Step 1: Log in to the Rhombus Console
Start by going to www.rhombus.com and clicking Console Sign In on the top right.
Step 2: Navigate to the Settings Section
Once you're logged in, click on the 'Settings' wheel on the top right.
Step 3: Select Manage Users
Click on 'Manage Users' under the Account & User column on the far left side and select the user you want to add key card credentials for.
Step 4: Adding Credentials
Once you're here select Access Control and then Add Credentials. Once you see this screen pop up, you'll be able to add a key card to the user!
A user has three options for types of cards, Rhombus Secure Card, Standard Card and Wiegand Card.
- Rhombus Secure Card - This is a key card sold by Rhombus specifically used with Rhombus door readers.
- Standard Card - This is a key card from the list here that works with our Rhombus door readers and any third party readers.
- Wiegand Card - This will be the key credentials that is associated with Wiegand protocol and that will work with our Rhombus door readers.
Types of Cards Allowed
Below is the list of Standard card and Wiegand cards allowed that work with our Rhombus Access Control.
Below is the list of standard cards that work with our Rhombus door readers and any third party readers. That is based off the ISO 14443A/B standard.
MIFARE DESFire EV1 (comes in 2k,4k,8k varieties) MIFARE Ultralight EV1 Openpath DESFire EV3 Openpath DESFire EV2 HID® MIFARE Schlage MIFARE® XceedID MIFARE®
Below is the list of the current key cards that will be accepted via a Wiegand Reader for the Rhombus Door Controller.
Contact Support or Sales
Have more questions? Contact Rhombus Support at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 2 or email@example.com.
Interested in learning more? Contact Rhombus Sales at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.