In this article, we will discuss how to register the D20:
Before registering a Rhombus sensor, you will need a Rhombus device that supports the Rhombus Sensor Network. You can confirm by visiting the device specs web page on the Rhombus Systems corporate site and looking for the following:
1. Take the backing off the back of the sensor by pulling back on the circled part of the below picture where it says "open":
2. Place the included 1 double AA battery correctly into the device, making sure the + matches + and - matches the -
After installing the batteries correctly, please go ahead and place the backing back on the device.
3. Press the D20 button indicated in the below picture, and you should see a pulsating green light at the top of the sensor
Note: You should see a green light pulsing which means it is ready to register (as seen below). The sensor will stay in registration mode for 2 minutes before sleeping.
Note: The D20 housing has an indication symbol on the left-hand side to indicate where the magnet needs to be placed. Please take a look at the image below for an example.
4. Once the green dot is pulsing, open the mobile app and navigate to "Register Devices" on the device page
3. Select the D20(s) you want to register, and that is it.
Note: You can confirm the correct device via the serial number displayed on the app matches the one on the back of the D20.
Mounting the D20 is very easy to mount using the steps below:
1. Affix the mounting plate onto the back of the D20 housing by aligning the studs and rotating the plate so that it "clicks" in
Optional step: Use the below-pictured screws and bring studs to fix the housing plate to the desired door surface
2. Locate the 3M mounting stickers included in the packaging of the device (1 for the mounting plate and 1 for the magnet)
3. Peel off the plain white backing of each mounting sticker and place them onto each respective piece:
4. Peel the labeled side of the mounting stickers off and adhere it to a preferably flat surface within the area that you want to monitor
You can unregister sensors from the phone app. You will need to be connected to the same network as the sensor you want to un-register.
Here are the steps:
1. Home page by clicking on 'Devices'
2. Scroll to the bottom and click 'Utilities'
3. Click on 'Unregister Sensors'
4. Select the sensors you want to unregister and continue the process
Other Useful Articles
If you have any further questions please reach out to our Rhombus Support at email@example.com. If you would like to talk to a Rhombus Sales Representative please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article is closed for comments.