Topics included in this article are:
Rhombus supports any SAML SSO (single sign-on) identity providers. There are a few steps to get this up and running and below we walk through how to configure Google SSO.
Single Sign-On, or SSO, is a way to sync sign-on across multiple applications allowing you to log-in to all applications with one user account and password.
A Recovery User is a user account in your organization which bypasses SAML once enabled.
Note: It is recommended to have at least two Super User Accounts as Recovery Users when enabling SSO to ensure you have a method of logging and disabling SSO in the event SAML encounters errors.
Enabling a user account as a Recovery User is done during the SSO configuration process.
1. Log in to your account at at https://admin.google.com/
2. Click on 'Apps'
3. Click on 'SAML apps'
4. Click on 'Add App' and select 'Add custom SAML app'
5. Fill out the app name with 'Rhombus Systems'
6. Under Option 1, select "Download" for IDP metadata. Keep this file for later.
7. After downloading IDP metadata, you will be asked for 'Service Provider details'. Navigate back to the Rhombus Console, then copy and paste the information found below 'Setup SSO with Rhombus Service Provider'. Name ID Format will be 'EMAIL'
*NOTE* - Be sure to remove the leading spaces within the EntityID field
8. Click 'Continue' in the bottom right corner, click 'Finish' and you'll have completed the necessary steps within the Google Admin.
9. Back the in the Rhombus Console, open the XML file you downloaded in step #6, then copy and paste the entirety of the contents in the field 'IDP MetaData XML' and click 'Save.'
You should now be all set to use SSO. Any existing users will now use your identity provider. Please note that if for some reason you had some users that are not in your identity provider, they will no longer be able to login.
Contact Support or Sales
Have more questions? Contact Rhombus Support at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in learning more? Contact Rhombus Sales at +1 (877) 746-6797 option 1 or email@example.com.