Rhombus supports any SAML single sign-on identity providers. There are a few steps to get this up and running and below we walk through how to configure Google SSO.
Instructions for setting up Okta SSO.
- A Recovery User is a user account in your organization which bypasses SAML once enabled.
- It is recommended the leave 2 Super User Accounts as Recovery Users when enabling SSO to ensure you have a method of logging and disabling SSO in the event SAML encounters errors.
|• Enabling a user account as a Recovery User is done during the SSO configuration process.
• Any user with a Blue Checkmark will be a Recovery User
• When finished, select OK.
In Google Admin
1. Log in to your account at at https://admin.google.com/
2. Click on 'Apps'
3. Click on 'SAML apps'
4. Click on 'Add App' and select 'Add custom SAML app'
5. Fill out the app name with 'Rhombus Systems'
6. Under Option 1, select "Download" for IDP metadata. Keep this file for later.
7. On this next step you will be asked for 'Service Provider details'. You'll need to back to the Rhombus Console and copy/paste information that is in the 'Setup SSO with Rhombus Service Provider' block. Name Format ID will be 'EMAIL'
*NOTE* - Be sure to remove the leading spaces within the EntityID field
8. Once you've clicked 'Continue', just click 'Finish' and you'll be done in the Google admin.
9. Back the in the Rhombus Console, open the XML file you downloaded in the step #6, and copy paste the entirety of the contents in the field 'IDP MetaData XML' and click Save.
You should now be all set to use SSO. Any existing users will now use your identity provider. Please note that if for some reason you had some users that are not in your identity provider, they will no longer be able to login.
If you have any further questions please reach out to our Rhombus Support at email@example.com. If you would like to talk to a Rhombus Sales Representative please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please sign in to leave a comment.