In this article we'll discuss the different screens you might see when using the alarm pad for Rhombus' alarm monitoring service.
This article assumes that you have purchased alarm monitoring with Rhombus and have an alarm pad present at your organization.
Alarm Pad App is currently only on iPad devices
- Mounting & Registering Alarm Pad
- Arming the Site
- Temporarily Pausing Monitoring
- Reactivating the Monitoring
- Activation Countdown
- Dismissing an Alert
Installing & Registering Alarm Pad
First step of setting up the alarm pad is mounting it to your facility. We use this mount for our setup. In general the steps are as follows:
- Drill the mounting plate into the wall
- Place pad into mounting casing
- Attach case to mounting plate
- Download the app from the app store by searching "Rhombus Alarm Pad"
- Open up the Rhombus Console
- Under Devices, there should be a Keypads tab; click on that
- In the Keypads tab, click on the Register Keypad button on the left underneath the Devices Ribbon
- Enter the Keypad Name
- Enter the Token generated on the pad through the App
- Assign the Location
- Assign the 'Super Admin Role' to the keypad
- Click Submit to be done with adding the keypad to your Rhombus Console
Arming the Site
On the Rhombus Console, you're able to set default start and end times for active monitoring. You'll also have the option to start the monitoring early by clicking the "start now" button as seen below.
Temporarily Pausing Monitoring
By entering the correct pin, you'll temporarily suspend the service so that it doesn't accidentally trigger a threat report to the monitoring company.
Reactivating the Monitoring
Once you're ready to leave and want to rearm the system, enter the correct pin and the alarm monitoring will be switched back on until the following day.
The activation count down only shows up if you've disarmed the service and are looking to rearm before leaving. It's set to 30 seconds and begins as soon as you enter the pin.
Dismissing an Alert
By entering the correct pin, the alert/ threat will be dismissed and cleared. The alarm monitoring service will be notified to not pursue further action. However, if emergency services has already been called after dismissing an alert/ threat, local PD could still ignore the dismissal and come onsite to do a wellness check.